- Start on time
- Room / Equipment ready
- Remaining questions from previous day/session (where applicable)
- Objectives of the session and expected performance
- Session data review, Weather, Aircraft, Airport, L&T
- Performance data check, Flaps, Speeds, Flex…
- Session global review including key points for each exercise
- Answer any questions on the exercises briefed
- Finish on time. Manage a 10 minutes break before the session
- Start debriefing after a short break
- Request trainees’ feelings
- Announce first if objectives are achieved or not
- Point out positive items first. Be open minded
- Use Facilitation
- Review all exercises, Give remedies and answer questions
- CRM standards to be taken in to account
- Complete documentation.
- “REPORT WRITING” guidelines are given in ‘Line Training QRH’.
- Prepare next session, Syllabus, Plan next meeting time (where applicable)
Guidelines for Instructor Upgrade Simulator (OBS/CNDT)
When there is a U/T TRI or SFI with Command Upgrade Training, the Instructor carrying out the Command Upgrade Training would facilitate Observe & Conduct of FFS Sessions for the under training Instructor. This would include briefing and de-briefing for each session.
The progress of the under training Instructor will be monitored and the appropriate
trainer competency grading form shall be filled. A Grade 01 to 05 shall be marked for each competency as mentioned in the form. Commencing from FFS-4, assessment is to be carried out for each session. Post FFS session, the Instructor would assess if the U/T TRI or SFI is “Competent” or “Needs Additional Training”
The U/T TRI or SFI shall not be assessed on the competency of “PERFORM COURSE EVALUATION”. Course Evaluation is to be done by Line Released Instructors only.